Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Washi Tape ideas you are going to love!

Hi everyone! Kim Watson here with my latest Queen & Co projects to share with you. This month the focus is the lush Queen & Co glitter washi tapes & regular washi tapes. I can't wait to show you what I came up with.

Celebrate Card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_Celebrate HappyBirthday_Q&Co 01
Having my Father's 70th birthday this week, was cause enough for me to create something especially geared towards a guy. Knowing he wouldn't appreciate pastel colors, I selected the blue, gold & silver glitter tapes to decorate my Star Shaker card kit. Laying the tapes diagonally across the card really makes the most of the stripe effect, I especially love how by leaving gaps at regular intervals between the tapes, allowed me to stamp 'CONGRATULATIONS' sentiments, adding to the interest & texture to the card.
KimWatson_Celebrate HappyBirthday_Q&Co 02
Filling the stars was tricky initially because I just couldn't settle on what color would look best to fill the shakers. I decided on the best of both & used both gold and silver, the effect is masculine with a hint of sparkle.
Lastly I die cut a title in black cardstock & stamped a happy Birthday sentiment (from Fiskars USA). The extra contrast is what exactly what I needed to finish off the card.

Just Saying Hello Card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_JustSayingHello_Q&Co 01
Beginning with the Windows Shaker card kit, I filled the different quadrants with Metallic Pearlies & Sequins, then using watercolor paper, created a pretty gradient color wash making sure to match the topping colors in each window.
KimWatson_JustSayingHello_Q&Co 02
The black cardstock surround with the white windows are the perfect canvas to show off my layered, black, patterned washi tape & sentiment tabs. A stamped flower (from Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine) painted in vibrant colors, is the perfect embellishment for such a striking card!

Now & Forever Card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_Now&Forever_Q&Co 01
This card is a real event...fitting for my brother's up & coming wedding. I started with the white card base, adding a gorgeous floral cut file for some fancy, understated texture. I then collaged strips of glitter washi tape onto a piece of cardstock, making it more manageable to punch out an entire family of gorgeous shimmery butterflies.
KimWatson_Now&Forever_Q&Co 02
Arranged around the card with lilac, Iridescent Pearls & an appropriate sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches, the effect is breathtakingly glamorous!!
Best Wishes Card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_BestWishes_Q&Co 01
Beginning with the Candles Shaker card kit, I filled the candles quadrants with pastel Metallic Pearlies, then using striped washi tape, covered the candles before adhering the card onto the back.The flames were filled with tiny diamonds & covered with silver metallic washi tape making them all sparkly & fun!
KimWatson_BestWishes_Q&Co 02
The front was decorated with Iridescent flowers & Pom flowers and other colorful bling bits. A sweet sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches in the form of a little flag creates a great focal point but it is the turquoise bakers twine adhered around the edge of the card that gives the card the finishing touch.
Another month of gorgeous assignments, & I really hope you like them as much as I do. Once again Queen & Co pretties make my job of designing so easy! Be sure to use the linked list below, to grab some of the supplies I used yourself.
Have a fun, craft filled day further!